Leasing Questions

Do I need to set up an appointment? Do you take walk-ins?
We believe that finding and renting the perfect apartment at Park Hill at Fairview should be easy – and because of that, no appointment is necessary to tour our apartment community. However, we encourage you to call ahead and schedule an appointment so we can assist you as soon as you arrive. If you do decide to stop by without an appointment, please arrive no later than one hour prior to closing if you would like to tour the property.  Everyone over 18 must have a valid photo ID to tour the property.



What is the application fee and is it refundable?

The application fee is $50 per person.  The application fee is non-refundable.



Can I complete an application online?  Where is the online lease form?

Yes, you can complete an application online!  You will find the “apply online” tab on our website, at the top of the page.



What utilities are residents responsible for?

Residents are responsible for electric service and gas service.  Electric service must be set up through OhioEdison - A FirstEnergy Company - prior to move-in.

Gas service must be set up through Dominion Energy.  There is a trash fee of $12.00 per month.  



Am I required to have Renter’s Insurance?
For the benefit and protection of all residents, there is financial responsibility requirement in which you must have insurance protection during the term of your lease agreement.  As such, you must provide evidence of personal liability insurance with limits of liability in an amount not less than $100,000 per occurrence.  To assist you in meeting this requirement, we have a program with an independent insurance carrier from which you can choose to obtain renter’s insurance.  Through this program, all our residents are pre-approved for ePremium Plan renter’s insurance which offers high-quality, low-cost coverage with products that are designed specifically for residents of professionally managed apartment communities. To sign-up for a policy with ePremium you can go online at www.epremiuminsurance.com or utilize the link on our home page.  You can satisfy your financial responsibility requirement and obtain renter’s insurance through this program, or you may choose to secure coverage on your own.




Do you offer furnished apartments?
We’ve formed relationships with several furniture rental companies that can make your new apartment home feel like, well home. For more details, please contact the leasing office.



What school district are you in?  What are the schools?

We are in the Copley-Fairlawn school district. 



Lease and Community Questions

Is my security deposit totally refundable?

Yes, provided the lease agreement has been fulfilled and the apartment is left clean and free of any damages. A 60 day, paid, written notice is also required before move-out.  Any final balances due are deducted from the security deposit before being refunded.



When is my rent payment due?

Rent is always due on the first of the month. 



What day of the month am I liable for a late charge?

Rent is always due on the first and a $100.00 late charge is assessed on the sixth (6th) of the month.  All payments must be received no later than the close of business on the 5th to avoid late charges.  Additionally, a $100.00 late charge is assessed on any balance carried over $50.00. 



Will you accept electronic payments from my bank?

Rent is accepted by credit card, debit card, cashier's check or personal check.  You may also pay your rent at MoneyGram locations.  See the Leasing Office for details.

In order to make an electronic payment, you must enroll in our online services.  You will need your resident code in order to do this.  Any of the office staff can assist you with obtaining your code.  Once enrolled, you may schedule a monthly recurring payment to be deducted from your checking account or charged to your credit card or debit card. * Convenience fees may apply*



Who do I write the rent checks out to?

You can make checks payable to Park HIll at Fairlawn.  We do not under any circumstances accept cash.



What kind of pets do you allow? How many pets may I have?

Cats and dogs are allowed.  We do have a few restricted breeds which include Rottweiler, Dobermans, Chows, Pit Bulls, Akitas, and German Shepherds. These breeds or any mixture of are not allowed.  You may have up to (2) pets per apartment.



Are there any deposits, special fees, or monthly charges to have a pet?  What are rules regarding pets?

A non-refundable fee is required.  Through our preferred renters insurance provider, we also offer pet renters insurance.  There is also a monthly pet rent of $40 per pet.  Pet owners are required to pick up after their pets. To maintain the look and safety of the community, residents who do not pick up after their pets can and will be charged a $50.00 fee.  Pets must be on a leash at all times and cannot be left outside on patios or balconies unattended.



If I get a job transfer, can I break the lease?

Yes, if the lease buy-out fee has been paid. The 60 day paid written notice is still required as well.  If you need to break your lease for any reason please come in and meet with the Manager to get a total of all the fees required in writing.



How can I refer a friend?
If Park View at Fairlawn is just your style, chances are your friends will feel just as at home here as you do. Simply have your friend mention you referred them on their first visit to Park View at Fairlawn.  You may also call, email or drop by your the leasing office to recommend a friend or learn more about the Park View at Fairlawn resident referral program.



If something needs to be repaired in my apartment, how do I report it?

You may call the office, send an e-mail, or leave a message with the answering service.  You may also submit work orders online if you are enrolled in our online services.  You will need your resident code in order to do this.  Any of the office or leasing staff can assist you with obtaining your code.



There is a person who might be staying with me for a while, is that permitted by the lease?

Yes, if someone is temporarily staying with you for 10 days or less just let the office know. If someone is permanently staying with you, they need to fill out an application and go through the approval process.



I have a motorcycle, where can I park it?

Motorcycles may be parked in any regular parking space. They cannot be parked on patios, on sidewalks, breezeways, or common areas.



I will be moving out.  What do I need to do?

Park View at Fairlawn requires a 60 day written notice, which you are responsible through, prior to move-out.  This is required regardless if the lease is ending or you are breaking your lease early.  If you need to move-out at the end of your lease term, please remember to come in 60 days prior to the lease expiring to provide your written notice. 



My children live with me in the summer; do I need to notify your office when they arrive?

Yes, it is always a good idea to let the office staffs know of any guests that will be here for extended visits.



Do you have cable services?

Yes, we are partners with Cox Communications and can assist you with getting your cable, internet, and phone services set up at the time you complete the application.  Please see a leasing consultant for more details.



Do you allow satellite dishes?

We do allow satellite dishes with prior approval from Park View at Fairlawn.  There are a few requirements and guidelines for installing the equipment.  We also require $100,000 in liability coverage (in addition to the $100,000 required liability coverage per apartment) and proof of the additional renters insurance prior to installation.  If you are interested in getting satellite cable service please stop by the leasing office for more specific requirements for your building and location prior to installation. 



Can I grill on property? 

Electric grills are permitted and must be placed ten feet from the building.  Gas and charcoal grills are not allowed. 



I’m locked out of my apartment.  What do I do? 

If you are locked out during business hours, you can come to the office to be let back in your apartment.  If you are locked out after hours you can call emergency maintenance to let you back in.  Please note, there is a $50.00 charge for after hours lockouts due at the time of service payable by cash only.  We will need to verify that you are on the lease with a photo ID or by verifying personal information in the file.


I’ve lost my apartment and/or mailbox keys.  What do I do?  What if I want my locks changed?

If you lose your key during business hours, you can come to the office to be let back in your apartment.  If you lose your key after hours you can call emergency maintenance to let you back in.  Please note, there is a $50.00 charge for after-hours lockouts due at the time of service payable by cash only.  There is also a $5 charge to purchase a key. If you would like the locks completely changed out there is a $50.00 lock change fee for new keys and lock installation which is due before the work is completed.  We will need to verify that you are on the lease with a photo ID or by verifying personal information in the file.